Why Xcellent Drones
Why should you purchase our professionally custom-built drones?
Good question. For beginners and starters it’s always very exciting to see various videos on youtube and other sites on how people can build a super stable quad so easily using parts purchased on ebay. It’s seems like all you have to do is just order 4 motors, 4 propellers, 4 ESCs, build or order a frame, order a battery, and a Flight controller from Hobbyking and put them together. Well, it’s not that simple. The reality is that many beginners and DIYers end up with a pile of electronics junk that they can’t put together and/or after putting together, it doesn’t fly y-like in the video on youtube. After all the frustration, they end up ordering a Read-To-Fly product. The total cost is a lot more than was originally bargained.
Consider the following:
To build a stable and high quality drone capable of flying your camera to obtain excellent aerial photography involves a lot more that simply ordering motors, speed controllers (ESC’s), a flight controller, frame, props and battery. We match the various components for maximum efficiency and stability. We do all of the hard work so you can just focus on the fun of flying and wow-factor of aerial photography and video. Here are some of the things we do to make an excellent drone:
- We match the speed (KV) and thrust of the motors, motor weight and power to the ESC, frame and total flying weight of your quad.
- We match the ESC’s to motor KVs, and to current load of the motors taking into consideration total flying weight.
- We do the field testing to determine the right size propellers from right vendors to ensure maximum stability, maneuverability and flight times.
- We do all of the soldering for ESCs, motors connectors and battery holders.
- We add navigation and status lights to help with orientation of the multi-rotor
- We test all of the flight modes of the APM flight controller with various models of radio systems. It takes several days to tweak a flight controller and the drone electronics to get the best results, so you don’t end up with wobbly drone that flips on take-off; you could get injured or cause property damage. This is where our experience benefits you. This is the most time consuming part.
- We ensure that when the drone is shipped to you, it flies stable and is optimized for FPV systems.
- It saves your time and money. Everything is built, and drone is perfectly tweaked to fly stable right outside the box.
- In the event that you want to try building, then order one of our Bind-n-Fly units that allow you to complete the unit by adding the radio system – the satisfaction of completing to success.
- You just need to charge battery, put your camera on and start flying
- You have more time to spend learning to fly and shooting aerial videos than reading user manuals with limited details, or watching tons of videos, some of which give different instructions.
- In the event of a crash, you can order spares.
These are just a few things to consider when making a decision to buy one of our drones or to attempt building your own. Based on customer feedback, we are constantly tweaking our Processes (design, assembly and test) to provide continuous improvements. Buying one of our units guarantees success!
There are no products to list in this category.